Quality and Environment Policy
HOP Ubiquitous S.L. (HOPU) has the mission to support the decision making of urban authorities with efficient and sustainable action plans, through intensive data exploitation and monitoring with high definition air quality sensors.
"To promote sustainability and decision making based on reliable data/evidence"
To this end HOPU offers services and solutions, always thinking about user experiences and value engineering. We are passionate about generating urban innovations through the latest technologies such as AI (Artificial Intelligence), IoT (Internet of Things) and Data-Quality. We love to engage citizens and decision-makers, to ensure that data is understandable for all, intuitive and usable. We are there to support any decision for urban development and digital transformation through data-driven tools with dashboards, decision support tools and a large number of IoT devices to objectively monitor impact, wealth, sustainability, environment, noise, weather, air quality status, etc. Our vision is for Smart Cities in the present and in the future, where citizens and visitors really feel that they are in an efficient, sustainable and healthy City.
"A world with efficient, sustainable and healthy cities"
HOPU's values are:
- Quality: the future will be data-driven, let's ensure that this data is reliable and of quality.
- Trust: security and robustness is key to creating trusting relationships between systems and people.
- Integrity: ethics and meeting all the moral, regulatory and civil commitments of our society.
- Transparency: playing openly with partners, distributors, employees and customers.
- Open and standard: to bet on the collaboration and development of a community. Without ceasing to add value, through quality and added value on common bases (open and standard).
From the HOPU Management we believe it is necessary to establish and maintain a Quality Management System in accordance with the UNE-EN-ISO 9001:2015 standard and the Environmental Management System in accordance with the UNE-EN 14001:2015 standard, which ensures the management, improvement and sustainability of our processes, and allows us to provide services adapted to the needs and expectations of our customers, as well as to the legislation and regulations applicable in the field of:
"R&D&I projects within the ICT framework, development, manufacture and maintenance of innovative products in the field of loT (Internet of Things) technologies, SaaS and cloud platform".
The Quality and Environmental Policy defined by the CEO of HOPU consists of the following commitments, universal truths and paradigms according to the Total Quality Model defined in the company:
- To satisfy the needs of our customers and other interested parties.
- To protect the environment through recycling, responsible consumption and decarbonisation through 100% green energy and air quality (pollution) prevention .
- Commitment to innovation in the ecological transition and sustainability of cities and companies, particularly in relation to air quality and water consumption.
- Comply with legal and regulatory requirements in the development of our services.
- To encourage the participation and involvement of all our staff, as well as to raise awareness of the importance of acting in an environmentally friendly manner.
- To provide the technical and human resources necessary for the development of the activity.
- Continuously improve the efficiency of our processes and the quality of our services.
- To promote the training, qualification and motivation of our staff through open innovation.
UNIVERSAL TRUTHS are rules that are always going to happen in a company, no matter what sector it belongs to, what degree of maturity it has, or whether you agree or not, these are lessons that apply to all of them equally.
- Give, Ask and Demand 10: To ask, we must first be able to give. Giving out of 10 is made up of: being exemplary, playing in the open and treating the whole ecosystem excellently. Asking for 10 is made up of: setting achievable goals and checking them against them. Demanding 10 out of 10 is made up of: not compensating for each other, what one does not row, is rowed by others and demanding in order to grow.
- Contrast: What is not measured does not improve. Our behaviour will always depend on the way we are measured, define metrics and renew them continuously to encourage improvement. Important, if there are no positive and/or negative consequences, testing is useless.
- Law of the harvest (nobody is born knowing): It takes time to train and learn, to overcome the stages from ignorance, awareness, knowledge and wisdom. Once this level of learning has been achieved and the training has been passed (it is not expected that there will be a high rate of non-conformities and incidents).
- Be scientific: Analyse the reasons why things happen and their effect. Objectively analyse decisions, be informed and consult the necessary sources. It is very important to learn and be consistent.
PARADIGMS are rules that we at HOPU define for our company and our sector, which do not have to be complied with in all companies or sectors.
- Details are everything: Quality is the result of taking care of details and following processes correctly. Any detail that is faulty is what devalues the whole product and our commitment to quality. Every detail counts.
- All customers are equally important: All customers deserve the maximum in quality, service and attention, not only cities with a high population density should be treated better than villages or small towns, in the end all have trusted us equally, and all deserve the highest quality service. In the end we must make all customers feel equally important and help them grow.
- What is not in the compass does not exist (playing in the open): All the company's information must be in a compass composed of: common and shared repositories such as financial (Holded), communication tools (Mattermost), task management (Click-up) and shared file systems (Google Drive / Workspace). It is the responsibility of all employees to look at, consult and contribute to the compass. Anyone who is not recorded on the compass does not exist, and anyone who asks questions without first consulting the compass should be redirected to the compass.
- Value is built on standard, open and common:Encourage the use of open source components, contribute to and adopt standards, support and be part of community development, share common grounds for data exchange and infrastructure development. Compete in delivering value through quality, value-added services over standard and brand leadership.
To develop these basic principles, the Management periodically analyses the context, the stakeholders and assesses the Organisation's risks and opportunities, establishing quality and environment objectives for its processes and undertaking projects to improve its activities.
The Management assumes its executive responsibility in the development of this Policy, in its communication and understanding at all organisational levels, providing the necessary technical and human resources to its Management System to comply with these basic pillars.
Dr. Antonio J. Jara
Ceutí, May 2021